Friday, May 9, 2008

Mother's Day Lunch




















Jake's first grade class had Mother's Day lunches last Wed. and Thurs. Jake and I ate lunch together on Thursday (moms could choose which of the 2 days to attend). Since I'm his teacher, it was a little tricky to "run the show" while still attempting to make his lunch special. I had another mom bring us food from Quiznos (yum). Jake made me a red hat. The theme was "Hats off to Mom." He made me a little hat book that says...

My mom wears many hats in our family. My mom is a teacher. She taught me how to "mac wofls in the toster." My mom is a cook. I love it when she makes "makaronee anb dino chikien." My mom is a nurse. She always makes me feel better when she "bandad on me." My mom is a magician. She can always find lost things. Once she found "my snak" (snake- and yes, it was real... AND lose in my van...AND I lived to tell about it). My mom is a sanitation worker. When she sees my room she says, "Cleen yor room Jakb Spors!" My mom is a chauffeur. She drives me to "Boscos" (Boy Scouts). My mom is the best mom ever!

I have to hand it to Jake. He may not be the smartest kid in the class, but he really takes his time on his work. The illustrations are fantastic! Mind you, I am orange and bald in the majority... but there is so much detail. It's precious!!

He continues to say the funniest/ sweetest/ most embarrassing things! About a month ago, I was talking to a friend during a church Easter egg hunt when he interupted us, wide-eyed saying, "Did you know my mom is the ULTIMATE working mom? She takes me to the beach... She goes camping in the woods... and on and on. It was so "out of nowhere", which is typical for Jake- it almost sounded like a commercial. Still not sure where he heard it (and no, I didn't pay him to say it!!), but I'll take it! It's something I'll never forget!

Not sure what we'll do on Sunday. The kids want to go to breakfast. We may go to Edmonds, depending on the weather. I think it's supposed to rain, so we'll see...