Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day- May 11, 2008



























Ahh.. my favorite day of the year!!! When I woke up, Jake brought me breakfast in bed..which included a big plate with rocks placed all around the rim, a bagel, an apple, and a Diet Coke with a straw. There was also a paper crown and several cards that he and Jayden had made me while I was at work yesterday. Jayden's card said, "Momee is th best mom iv evra seen. Mom is pritee." (Jake wrote it for her). Jake did several... "U ar nis mom. I wudint trad eneetheing fo mom." Another said, "Mi best fraen is my mom." And the next one said, "My mom is the best mom u cud ever hav." The last one came with a dollar bill and 2 plastic gold coins and an old breath mint (so cute). It said "Hpee muthrs day mom. Mom u ar th best mom evar." They were all sealed in envelopes- the kind that look like they belong to my cards (oh well...). The one with the dollar in it also had a bunch of tape all over it- I suspect for security purposes!! Jake and Jayden were both smiling from ear to ear as I read each one. Jake told me, "Yesterday I was just sittin around on my duff watchin' TV, when I thought...Oh, this would be the perrrrfect time to make some cards for my mom!" Then Jake gave me a foot massage (he's great at it). And then, of course, Jayden had to give me a "foot sage" too... We weren't sure how the weather was going to be, so decided not to go all the way to Edmonds. We went to McDs for breakfast and then to Lake Goodwin, where there is a dock and a playground. Jake was determined to catch something with his new bucket catcher- but didn't... He did go waist deep into the water, though- burr! Jayden, Jonathan and I played on the playground- which was actually fun because they had different toys than your typical playground. It ended up to be partly sunny and fairly warm, for here. We then went and got ice cream and coffee, and also rented videos. Right now we are watching "The Pacifier"- and Jonathan is reading a book. I think I'l grill hot dogs for dinner and just hang out around here the rest of the day. We have a busy week next week, with multiple "events" each night after work/ school. Mom, if you're reading this, "Happy Mother's Day!!!" I love you!