Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Night!






Luckily, I finally started to feel a little better (after my surgery on Tuesday). I did NOT want to miss Trick-or-Treating! Jonathan was at a party at his friend Luke's house. I missed him- and Jake was sad to not have him there to trade candy with afterwards. Anyway, it wasn't too cold for once, and my mom and I took the kids up to a nearby housing development. Jake was done after one block, but there was no stopping Jayden! She would push Jake out of the way so that SHE could ring the doorbell first. It was funny to watch her hustling in her little ruby red slippers! Poor Jake- as spoooooky as his ghoul costume looked, he could NOT see well, so there was no catching Jayden! At first they'd ring the bell and just stand there, but they eventually got the hang of saying "Trick or Treat!"! After 2 blocks, they each had a big bucket full and were done. Mom and I's favorite was the house that gave the adult's hot cider! Then we went home and counted the candies (about 85 each). Jake was required to give me all his Reeses and Butterfingers- and he graciously did so! Jayden wore her bee costume to her daycare party. Jake wore his ghoul costume to school, but was not allowed to wear the mask- he was bummed!