Sunday, March 22, 2009

Rocky Point Beach














Today I took Jake and Jayden to see the movie Escape to Witch Mountain. Jayden didn't really like the movie, though sat quietly enjoying her kid-pack with popcorn and a Nerd's rope. Jake and I enjoyed it. I was surprised I liked it as much, as I typically can't stand sci-fi type shows. Anyway, after the show we came home and hung out around the house. Then the weather cleared and we went down to Rocky Point beach. Jonathan rode his bike down and then we put it in the van for the ride home (which is all uphill). Jake walked home- as we drove slowly beside him. Jonathan's new big thing is guns. He loved playing army as a kid, but hasn't been into them for awhile- until now. He especially is interested in air-soft guns (but also likes bb and paint-ball guns, too). Today he spray painted 2 of his clear guns black. He took his bb gun to the beach and shot at the porta pot, among other things. Jake brought his black toy-gun (monkey see, monkey do) and pretend- fired at everything. And Jayden- well, she was just there to look cute! She picked out her new frog boots at the store a few weeks ago, and the froggie raincoat used to be Jakes.