










Jayden and I had a special "date" on Thursday night. We went to "Red Robin- YUM" for dinner (Jayden's choice because she likes their corn dogs) and then to Everett for Disney on Ice. It POURED on our way from the car to the show, so me and my little princess were soaked by the time we got in. We walked around to find the perfect over-priced toy and ended up with a stuffed Flounder from the Little Mermaid. We also got cotton candy and a Mickey Mouse cup snow-cone.
We had good seats- row 5 on the first level. We are not used to first level seats, so this was a real treat! It was opening night, so tickets were buy one, get one free. There were 4 mini "shows"- Cars, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Tinkerbell. Mickey, Mini, and all the gang made appearances too. Jayden's favorite part was at the very end when thousands of pieces of confetti sprayed into the audience. Her eyes were filled with wonder as she tried to catch it. It was precious!
I realized as we sat there that Jayden really doesn't watch many Disney movies- mostly because she has 2 older brothers who won't put up with that nonsense! She watches stuff like SpongeBob and I-Carly... But she still seemed to really enjoy the show. My favorite part was The Little Mermaid part, as this has always been one of my favorite Disney movies.
After the show we stopped at Starbucks for some coffee/ hot chocolate. It was about 10pm, so naturally people were surprised to see a 4 year old dressed in a pink princess costume walk through the door. An older man who was ordering his coffee turned and looked at her- kind of taken a-back- and said, "Oh MY!!! What a beautiful little princess!" At about that same time she noticed a bin full of stuffed bears close-by and was admiring them. The man asked the clerk how much they cost (I think it was 7.99) and then he asked me if he could buy my little girl the bear. I was stunned. It has been a year that has made me really stop and wonder if there really are any good, kind people left in this world (aside from my family and close friends), and for some reason, this random act of kindness just really touched me. It was almost like he was an angel. I know that sounds weird, but that's how I feel about it. Jayden was excited about her bear and held it the whole way home, but I know it meant more to me than to her... So THANK YOU to the kind man for making my day with his generosity!
When we got home, Jayden made me put on my crown, which she had fully intended for me to wear during the show (but I "forgot"). I love doing stuff with my kids and seeing them so happy!