Thursday, December 24, 2009

Ballet Recital... Winter Showcase






Jayden had her first dance recital in December. It was a much anticipated event around here (well at least it was for ME anyway!). We all came to watch the show... and I must say the boys were excited too! Jayden looked so cute in her ballet stuff- and clearly was soaking up all the attention she received from us. Her attire included a bun and tiara. I dropped her off backstage and then sat with the boys in the SHS Performing Arts Center and waited...and waited...and waited... Luckily my friend Erika was there to keep me company- and also Jessica. and so after a fair amount of grumbling from the boys about how disgracefully long the wait was.. and how they were sooooo hungry,,, and how they were SOOOO bored... and how they could NOT imagine why anyone would possibly find this ballet stuff "fun"... and how they should have brought their gameboys... and well... you get the picture... the show began at last!

I must say, her 1 minute long performance was worth the wait!!! She was in the back row so I could barely see her, but it was still fun- Luckily I sit and watch her every Monday at her lessons, so I get to see her dance all the time. It's one of the highlights of my week! Really! Her dance consisted of knee dips (I am sure there is a ballet-term for this) and a spin.

She was also in the last dance with everyone where she fluttered around stage doing whatever dance move she could do and then when the music ended "melted" to the floor up front. In the group pix she is the tiny one on the far left front.

I forgot to get flowers for the star... but don't worry, she was pretty sure she was "all that" afterwards anyway!!! She got to choose where we ate and first picked Applebees- but settled for DQ because it was close (and plus Jonathan wanted DQ and he persuaded her a bit!)

I am already looking forward to her "real" recital on June 26th! She will be a mouse for this. I am glad she seems to be enjoying ballet as much as I am! She tells me her favorite part is the sticker for her ballet "sticker-book" she gets after each class for a job well done from her teachers Miss Terah and Miss Becky. i could probably buy her a pack of stickers and save myself $40 bucks a month, but let's not talk about that...