Sunday, December 20, 2009

Seahawk Game!












We have been looking forward to this game for MONTHS!!! Jonathan and I had tried to get tickets the last couple years, but they were hard to come by- between sold-out games and cost. But this year, we found some reasonably priced tickets and splurged and finally got to go! Luckily there was no snow... (I was worried when Jonathan picked this December game). It rained on our way down, but the sun actually came out for some of the game and it was very pleasant (not too cold at all).

They played the Tampa Bay Bucks- who had only won 1 game this season so far, so we were destined to win, right?... WRONG! Seahawks lost 7 to 24. But, we were ahead the entire first half, so it didn't seem hopeless most of the time.

We arrived way early (yes, me, early- it CAN be done- lol!) and we were glad because there was lots to do! We parked for free and walked a ways to get there (seemed much longer after the game in the rain!)- and went to the pre-game events next to Quest field. It was such a fun atmosphere everywhere we turned... tailgate parties, wild fans everywhere! Much more of an "event" than a Mariner game. I'm pretty sure we were in the party section- though the whole stadium seemed like one big party really. I got a beer for $8.25... and later another one for the bargain price of $7.50!!! I usually just can't bring myself to waste this kind of money, but call it peer pressure if you will- since everyone was drinking! We had SOOOOOO much fun! We screamed and stood up most of the time (Jonathan liked yelling "Hoosh" for new player TJ Houshmenzadeh (sp?). The last half most people were yelling "Seahawks Suck!" as they started losing- but it ws funny!

One interesting thing was that there was about a 30 to 1 male to female ratio, so the lines everywhere were longer for the MEN than the women. Nice change!!!

Jonathan and I ate at Red Robin at Northgate Mall on our way home. We are already planning to go again next year because it was so much fun!!!