Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

This year Mother's Day was pretty uneventful... but I was just grateful to have my kids with me.  I am sure that is something most moms take for granted, but for me, every day I get to spend with them is a blessing.  I hesitate to sound like the optimist I once was, but I guess  I'd say that is one 'good' thing about my situation...that I don't take time with my kids for granted and I try to cherish every minute.

Anyway, we had lunch at Applebees and then went to Costco and a few other stores.  The boys made tacos for dinner and decorated the table for me.  Very sweet...and the food was great!

I told Jonathan that now that I know he can do tacos so well, we should start having "Taco Tuesdays" at our house.  He just sighed and said, "Mom, it took me like an hour to do do this.  You have no idea how long it takes."  (or something like that).  Of course I got a laugh out of this because, well...  you know...!

 Jake made me another bulap creation...much improved over last years mystery-burlap picture.  Jayden made a recipee book in her kindergarten class, and Jonathan got me a plastic frog that wiggles in the daylight.  Hmmm... I guess he thought I might want one of those?!!  Well it's definitely the thought that counts!  They all gave me (thanks to my mom) some more dishes and ice cream bowls to match my new dishes and also a nice card (my favorite).   Then Jake gave me a foot massage while we all watched Hotel for Dogs together on my big bed.



 I love my kids so much and can't imagine my life w/o them.  I am also so incredibly grateful for my own mom for ALL she does for me and for loving me even when I haven't felt all that lovable the last few years.