Friday, June 17, 2011

Jonathan has his PERMIT!!!!!!!

Holding his permit!  So excited and proud!

In action...

Holy Cow!  Jonathan started Driver's Ed through the high school and got his PERMIT last week.  He is SOOOOO excited!  We put in 6 hours last weekend, and I am surprisingly calm.  He is so darned good already!  I didn't think he'd be awful, as he's pretty charmed when it comes to pretty much anything (he does most things well naturally -must be nice!!!).  BUT, I didn't think he'd be this good either... He doesn't panic and follows ALL rules to a T, as I'd expect w/ his personality!  The funny thing is that now he critiques MY driving, pointing out every last little "California Stop" I commit...UGH!  They teach him to drive 2-5 MPH UNDER the speed limit (weird) AND to stop before the line at stop signs (where you can't see a blessed thing...).  Anyway, despite me wanting to roll my eyes at times, he is so proud to have his permit.  He started with a paper copy on June 10th, and when the real laminated copy came in the mail from the DMV on Tuesday (6/14), he was on cloud 9!  He just stared at it grinning from ear to ear!