






Our school has an annual "Afternoon of Art", where local artists/ volunteers come to teach classes for the kids. Kids get to choose which class they'd prefer. Jake chose Valentine Art- which ended up being quite a poular class (second only to pottery). I got to host that artist/ class in my classroom, so I got to be with Jake- always a treat! It turns out my artist is a teacher AND the grandma of 2 boys who go to daycare with Jayden. She had everything so well planned- with 6 different stations. Kids could decorate a wooden heart with beads (she cut apart all her old wooden teacher "jewelry" to use for this!!!), hear a story and make a paper mouse with red licorice tail, make a puzzle with paper, decopage (sp.?) a heart with tissue paper, make playdough figures, or play a "guess what's missing from the platter" game. She also made everyone floats- with vanilla ice cream and red Fanta soda. A fun day for the kids.
After school, I took the kids out to eat at Red Robin (for Jake's Birthday). They sang to him. Good thing birthdays are only once per year- I'm exhausted- AND broke!!! Oh yeah- and we also went to Toys R Us to buy a microscope- Jake already had a "science table" set up in his room. He is so funny about all his "areas" that he creates. He loves the microscope- and has already made me pull out some of my hair (and his) to examine. Definitely a budding scientist!