Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Where are all the fish? (Ballard Lochs)











Certainly not at the Ballard Lochs, that's for sure! We were headed to the zoo on our final day of the mid-winter break when I got a wild hair to take Jake to see the fish ladder at the Lochs. It's close to the zoo (though not quite as close as I'd thought), so we took a little detour and headed there. I was excitedly telling him how many fish he'd soon be seeing as we walked through the park to get there. And then guess what??... not a one! We see more fish in his tank at home! Well I guess he DID see one fish on the informational sign. Jayden liked looking at the salmon egg- to -fish display, but other than that, the highlight was watching the squirrels run around. I guess the time to come for fish watching is during the summer months. We'll have to return so Jake believes me about the number of fish you can see! Clearly I was not born and raised in Seattle, or I probably would have timed this better!