





Jake turned 8 on February 5th. Seems like just yesterday he was born! He and I had our special day together- on his real b-day this year. When we got in the car to leave, I reminded him that he no longer needs his booster seat- and he happily kissed it goodbye! He says it's much cozier on the real cushy seat. First we went to shop at Walmart and then to Chuck E. Cheese at the mall (I have to be one of their best customers these days...). I tried to talk him into just playing games at Chuck E. Cheese and then going to eat at Red Robin, but... no way. It was that nasty pizza for us! The place was empty and, here's a true sign he's growing up... he actually SAVED his tickets to add up to a better prize next time. He needs 15,000 for a glass dolphin. Maybe by the time he's my age, he'll have enough for it!!! Anyway, we then went to Target in search of a microscope- no luck. Then back to the mall for a matinee- Ink Heart. It wasn't my fav- I actually dozed off a couple times, but Jake liked it and that's all that counts. We had really wanted to see the Pink Panther 2 w/ Steve Martin, but unfortunately it didn't come out in theatres until the next day. After the movie we had to rush to Petco to spend his gift card (on an Australlian tree frog) and then home to get Jayden at daycare. Then we went to the grocery store to get a cake and some cheese for the grilled cheese sandwiches he wanted for dinner. He said this was his "best special day EVER!" Of course he says that every year... but it's awfully sweet.