Monday, February 9, 2009

Jake's Pool Party




















Jake's party was a blast- and really easy for me (though I still stressed anyway). He had it at Team Fitness (in their pool). So many kids came, which was so fun for him. Every time someone else RSVPed, his entire face would light up. Only 3 of the kids he invited couldn't come (2 were girls- and if you look at the pix of the boys' rowdy behavior in the pool, those girls should be glad they didn't make it!!!) Anyway, Jonathan invited his best friend Luke, too. Jake invited Jon- and he swam with Jayden. I didn't have to get in the pool- thank heavens. If the kids are 8 or older, they don't need adults in the pool with them (in addition to the lifeguard). Phew! The pool became a noodle zone- and it was soooooo loud. They swam from 2:15-3:30. Then we did cupcakes (which Jake picked over a cake). I was surprised how many boys actually ate their entire (or most) of their cupcake, as they are HUGE. Then we did presents. Then the kids got their goody bags and blew up their balloon thingies instantly. They were going wild- so luckily it was about time to leave. Jake really has some good friends. It is fun to see this- I focus a lot of time on Jonathan's friendships and forget Jake is growing up and needs his friends, too! As soon as we got home, he opened and played with all his loot! It's great to be 8!!!!!!!!