Here is a life lesson I have learned this year- this is a cruel world. People who are aggressive, who lie, cheat, manipulate, use, cunnive, steal, and did I mention lie?? get ahead in this world.
I am so disgusted with our legal system. Jon went into court and lied and/ or COMPLETELY exaggerated (to the point where it still counts as a lie) REPEATEDLY about EVERYTHING. He and his attorney tried to make ME out to be the liar- which didn't work, but was still frustrating because I had to waste a lot of energy and time defending myself about nothing. They are both unethical and have NO moral values or class. Zero integrity. ZERO. Scum of the Earth? Why yes. They even tried to blackmail me. Nice.
It is sad to say that this "man" used me 100%- and to think that I actually loved him at one time. He didn't deserve that love. He was a 32 year old drifter with no friends, job or income when I married him (despite all the red flags). When I inherited money, he agreed to marry me. And then did not want to give me back the money I put down on the house that I bought before we were married... and even - gasp- tried to collect half the value of my wedding ring- that I INHERITED!!!!! How low can you go!! Just ask Jon- he wrote the book.
He has used the kids to get himself more money. They are devastated. Especially my 13 year old. He cries and physically shakes and does NOT want to see or talk to his dad. It is heart breaking. But Jon has NO emotions (didn't even shed a tear when his mom died- and then has been angry with his sister for years because she "stole" any money involved with her estate). He doesn't care about ANYone- period.
Even I am shocked at the extent of the mean, disgusting person that he is... He is truly a mean-spirited and down right evil person. I believe he has some deep psychological issues. DEEP.
I have worked hard in my life. I have been honest and trustworthy- and am a person of integrity. I am nice to others and help whenever I can- I have never done anything awful or even remotely mean to Jon. He simply just used me. I followed all the rules throughout this process and... and it got me nowhere- on paper.
BUT... the other thing I have learned is this- friends and family are precious. Jon may have gotten what he wanted in court through all his lies and BS, but he doesn't have a SINGLE friend in this world- (except maybe his poor dad who is stuck with a complete underachieving, self absorbed, lying, cheating, controlling. money-hungry, emotionally abusive scuz-bag of a son). And... his children have ZERO respect for him. NONE. They know he is a selfish liar who never follows through. They dread going to his house and can't wait to come home.
And when it comes down to it, I would rather have the love and respect of my friends and family- and especially my precious children, than to have "won" like Jon thinks he has.
I pray for these kids- who are stuck seeing him over 50 times more than ever before. I want them to be strong and stand up for themselves. I pray that he doesn't continue to be emotionally abusive to them. I won't be there to be the buffer or to take the brunt of his mind-games and crap anymore. I pray that his "poor me" guilt trips don't crush their beautiful spirits. I pray that he doesn't continue to stifle their growth with their peers. I pray that he actually starts doing homework with Jake (he claimed in court that he is teaching him to multiply- despite the fact that Jake can hardly add). And I just pray for their safety- while Jon holes up in his bedroom when he can't deal with them anymore.
And if any of Jon's family is reading this... my advice to you is WATCH YOUR BACK. You have all been wonderful to me and the kids. I have enjoyed getting to know each one of you. But this person is scary sick in the head. Please don't let the "I'm Mr. Nice-Guy", over-the-top, insincere facade he puts forth to the public fool you. He is only out for himself. ONLY.
You wouldn't believe how mad he was when the Spores' farm was given to the state- or whatever that deal was so you didn't have to pay taxes on the property. He thought it was his "due"- and also does not think that any of the Spores' girls should eventually get any of this property because they don't have the Spores' name anymore (not to mention that all women are idiots and are inferior to him).
It is going to be difficult to even see his face around town- and I know he will be at EVERY event acting like super-dad temporarily. It will be hard not to vomit. But, I am going to be strong. I am not going to let my anger eat me alive. It will be hard, but I am determined. He is NOT worth my time. He has taken enough of my life from me.
I have to believe that what goes around comes around. He will ultimately be judged by God- and he can't "pull a fast one" on Him.