Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Pool



















We joined my sister's local pool for the summer. The kids love swimming! But this is the first year that the two older boys (Jonathan and Jake H.) would get bored here after about an hour or two. Jayden LOVES the baby pool and got more daring in the water by the day- even putting her face in the water a little bit (while plugging her nose) by the end of the summer. She would kick her feet and want me to watch her new "moves"! It was cute. Jacob was trying to learn how to dive and how to swim w/o plugging his nose. He worked so hard... but hasn't perfected either yet. The kids continued to enjoy the snack bar inside (and usually chose Sour Straws). This year there was a little toddler (2 or younger) that would jump off the diving board and swim to his mom or dad. This was FASCINATING to watch- and oh so cute, too! The first few times I saw this, I wanted to dive right in and save him... but he didn't need it! Oh- I bought a new raft chair this year, but only got to use it a couple times because I bought it so late. Next year! The pictures that are not in the pool were taken in the nearby (attached) park that the kids rarely walked over to.