Sunday, May 24, 2009

Cub Scout Camp-Out at Fire Mountain




































Well I got little carried away with the pix, but as you can see, we had a fun weekend! This was Jayden's first scouting camp-out and she was so excited to come along. We fished, did skits with our den, had campfires, did a Pack "Amazing Race" with a variety of events (state the oath and pledge, nail pounding, knot tying, clothes changing, ski boarding, ball toss, and licorice spitting contest), and did the cross-over ceremony.

Jake's favorite part of the whole weekend was fishing. Unfortunately they only had a 2 fish per kid per weekend limit- But then they each caught one for me, too (the lake is so well stocked that it only takes about 5 minutes to catch one- my kind of place)! Chuck Cook taught me how to clean the fish, and I must say I am finally getting the hang of this fishing thing! Jake enjoyed taking the guts out of the fish and "popping" various organs (should I be worried??) Now we have a bunch of nasty old smelly trout in the freezer. First thing when we got home I made him take a looooong bath...

I didn't sleep much the first night (4 hours?), but the next night was better. I cricked my neck the first night (sleeping) and then Jake dove on me during the Amazing Race and aggrivated it, so I felt like an old lady moving around.

It was the first time our Pack camped at a site other than Enumclaw since we joined.

Jake became a Bear at the celebration on Saturday night, and the boys from our den who camped with us were Josh and Cole.

We had gorgeous weather the whole time- just like last year. On Saturday morning Jayden and I left for her first t-ball game for several hours (and darn near ran out of gas on our way). It was glorious to get away from the camp site for a while- and to get some coffee, too!

On the way home (on Sunday) we stopped for lunch at Wendys and then I did tons of laundry and cleaning.