Friday, May 29, 2009

Mohawk Boy- UGH!








OK, here you go- don't cringe- believe me, I've done enough of it for the both of us. I mean, what kind of mother let's her sweet child get a mohawk anyway? Well, that's what I always thought- and still kind of do- but hey, it was Crazy Hair Day at school by golly! Jake has been dying for one for a year now, and of course I always say no. This school year- way back in Sept. or Oct. I told him that he could get one for Crazy Hair Day in May. And guess what??? He actually remembered, doggone it! He is so proud of his new "do". We added Elmer's Glue and red hair gel to get it to stay up. Jonathan tells him he looks AWFUL, like a punk- and he's very embarassed about him (seriously). We went to Lani's (our haircutter) after school on Thurs. and Jake was all smiles in the "barber" chair. He even had her shave more hair off when (we thought) she was done- because he was very specific about what he wanted and felt the stripe across the middle should be thinner than she had it. Ugh... Good thing hair grows quickly!