







OK, so this will most likely be the last year of Jakey's baseball career, so I figure I'd better capture it on film while I still can (actually I guess it's not really film). Anyway, he seems to have fun during the games, but dreads going to the games and always is eager to skip the practices. He got beamed with a ball before the first game during one of the practices- and has been afraid of the ball ever since. He seriously swings at any pitch he gets- rolling in the dirt, over the backstop, 10 feet wide- you name it, he swings away!!! He also swings about 3 seconds after it's in the catcher's mitt- JUST to "get it over with."
Well, we finally figured out what he was doing, so Jonathan had a little chat with him and pointed out that if he actually looked at the ball and hit it on the FIRST pitch, he'd be "done" with his turn sooner. And this idea piqued his interest... So ever since their little chat, he has hit the ball nearly every time- usually on the very first pitch- and usually directly to the first baseman (oh yeah- he runs really slowly, too...), but a hit is a hit!
He looks so cute in his little uniform and loves the social part of the games and of course the snacks.
I told him at the last game that if he hits it over the fence I'd get him a frog (the fence is about 200 feet away so I'm safe)!
And well... I'd love to tell you his fielding is better than the hitting, but I'm afraid I can't do that either!!! He swings his arms around nonstop- like he's winding himself up or something, so he definitely doesn't look like he's all business out there or anything... The good news is that he no longer picks flowers or builds sand castles in the dirt- so improvements have been made!
And then there's Jonathan... So funny how different they are!!!