Friday, May 22, 2009

A New Athlete in the Family!!!









Jayden and I "escaped" from the Cub Scout camp-out for a few hours on Sat., May 16th to attend her first t-ball game at the YMCA. Holy cow was she ever cute... dressed to the nines in her baseball gear. Someone gave her pink and black cletes (sp?), and she wore Jake's old baseball pants and hat. She also had all her new pink gear (bat, ball, mitt, bag, wrist band) that her brothers gave her for her 4th birthday. She did SO well listening and participating. I helped her out some ("I bet I can beat you to the base.", etc...), but she wasn't at all too clingy. It was a pleasant surprise. She's really grown up a lot in the past several months! I could really tell the difference between the 3 year olds (hanging on their moms) and the 4 year olds (more independent and better able to follow directions). The weather was beautiful- and Jonathan was so bummed that he missed her game (he had one at the same time). Her coaches were very sweet, and she loved the snacks afterward- esp. the baseball cookie seen in the pix above. For days after her game she'd tell the boys proudly (and like it was of great importance), "I have to go to my practice Jonfin (Jonathan)," She definitely thinks she's hot stuff now! She's finally just like the boys!!! And yes, I AM nuts having all 3 of my kids playing baseball at the same time (in case there were any doubts)! I can't wait for her next game- and neither can Jonathan. There wasn't one last weekend due to Memorial Day.