Friday, April 17, 2009

A Day in Seattle




























Jake, Jayden, and I went to the Pacific Science Center on the Monday of spring break on another gorgeous day. We dropped Jonathan off at Cullen's party and headed south. We had fun together exploring the exhibits, attending a little show on liquid nitrogen/ global warming, and reminiscing about our sleep-over with the scouts here a year back! Jake especially liked the geocaching exhibit and the half-toilet. He also liked the gift shop of course, and got some growing prehistoric creature kit thingy. Jayden got a cup with a bendy straw. This was a real treat, as I usually don't buy them anything at these places. Jayden liked the ball blower exhibit.

By the way, I goofed and doubled up on some of the pix on this post- oops. I don't know how to erase them w/o deleting them all.

Anyway, we stayed at the Science Center until around 4:30 (they close at 5) and by then we were all hungry. I decided to walk down to the Spaghetti Factory for dinner (close to the waterfront and not far away) since it was such a beautiful day... and I wanted to avoid rush-hour traffic coming home. It was fun! We got to sit in a train car so the kids thought it was neat. And we most definitely were their sloppiest customers of the day... Jake dumped his silverware on the floor, then a bunch of spaghetti, then his napkins, then the ice cream... and it went on and on. Luckily our waitress had the patience of Jobe and was really sweet to us.

When we went to use the restrooms before leaving, Jayden found that they had a small toilet for little kids- in it's very own stall. This just about sent her into orbit!! Her eyes were as big as saucers and she was screaming with excitement to Jake- (who was just outside the door waiting for us). "OH JAKE! IT'S A LITTLE POT! IT'S A LITTLE POT JAKE THAT'S JUST MY SIZE!!!," I guess with all her bathroom issues she's had lately, this girl really appreciates a good potty when she sees one!!! This was undoubtedly the one thing she'll remember about our whole day of enriching events!!! Everyone in the bathroom was laughing at her genuine joy and elation over a simple small potty! So, the Spaghetti Factory was a hit!!

We then walked along the waterfront enjoying the beautiful scenery and weather- and Jake did some serious model posing for me while we were at it. Goofball! It took us forever to walk back up the huge hills to find our car, but alas, we made it and headed home. We had a great day together- and I was feeling blessed to have "scored" with the weather on our spring break days!!! When it's warm and sunny in Seattle, there's nothing quite like it! And you really appreciate it, too, as these days are few and far between!