Friday, April 17, 2009

Kimber's Easter Party






Our friend Kimber had an Easter party at her house over the break. It was the coldest day of the break- and overcast, too, but luckily not raining. Jayden was excited that she was invited, too! When we got there though, she was her usual shy clingy self in the new situation. The kids had an egg hunt and then a picnic lunch in the log house they are building themselves (the swing Jayden's on in the pix is inside this house). They also roamed around the fields (they have 5 acres) and looked at all their animals (chickens, cows, a dog, goats...). Then I dropped Jake off at his friend Cole's to play for awhile, and Jayden, Jonathan and I went to Applebees for lunch- yum! After that we picked Jake up at Coles and listened to him whine and nearly have a meltdown when I told him he had to go to his dad's for the rest of spring break. It breaks my heart to see them so upset. Jonathan was dreading it too- and was planning to count down the minutes until he could come home again. They just can't understand why Jon suddenly wants all this time with them. They are very confused, and I can't say that I blame them. He's a real mystery. 12 years w/o spending a single day of spring break with any of his children- and now he wants half of it. Go figure. I am pretty sure it's to spite/ hurt me, but it is also hurting his kids. He's too selfish to care.