Friday, January 2, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!






Well 2009 has just GOT to be better than 2008... there is only one way to go. Here we are ringing in the new year by watching the events at the Space Needle on TV and drinking sparkling cider ("not the grape kind that you bought last year mom") and champagne (yum). Earlier in the evening Jonathan informed me that we needed to rent videos like we do every year (I was unaware of this tradition somehow...), so we headed to the Plaza to get movies. Then while we were in the store looking for the perfect movie(s), he asked if he HAD to rent one. I had to laugh, as he was the reason we were there in the first place! He decided he'd rather just play X-Box Live- which we finally figured out how to set up at home. By the way, if your kid gets X-Box Live, be sure to make their age at least 18, or you cannot change it and the games you can play are limited. A little tidbit we learned the hard way. Anyway, back to the main plot... Jake rented the weirdest movie of all time- The Nightmare Before Christmas. I sat through the whole thing with him and deserve some sort of award for doing so. Jayden and granny (my mom) watched Scooby Doo on my laptop together. After we watched the fireworks on TV, Jake faded out immediately (typical), while the other two kept going strong- my little night owls! Happy 2009 everyone! And by the way, my New Year's resolution is going to be to stay positive (and to not let the anger that I feel toward certain people right now destroy me). I have learned this year that there are a lot of mean, disgusting people out there, and I have been hurt deeply. It is hard to not become bitter and jaded- but I am committed to trying. Life is full of gifts- and I want to remember to count these blessings every day- and to remember that God has a plan for me (even though I have no idea what it is anymore). So there you have it- my resolution in a "nutshell " (ha)- And besides that, staying positive is a lot more fun than losing weight anyway!