

Yet another class full of adorable first graders. I don't think I'll ever tire of this job! Today we had our snow party. I made them all the scarves in these pix. We went ice skating on paper and had a snowball fight (crumpled up our skates to make the snowballs). They totally ganged up on me with the snowballs (sniff sniff...)! I think you could hear us from a mile around. We then had hot chocolate w/ marshmallows and watched a bit of the book we are reading, The Trumpet of the Swan. This is my favorite children's book. E.B. White was a great writer!
And wouldn't you know my principal (who was supposed to be at a meeting all day) came for a visit while the kids were watching the movie and I was checking my e-mail? Perfect! (never fails...) I think it was the first time I'd sat down all day! Hopefully I won't get in trouble. They are so weird about watching movies now. I do understand it to a point, but this really was the first I've shown all year, and it goes with the book we're reading, so I feel justified in showing it!
An exciting thing at work... a brand spankin new computer with a HUGE monitor (flat screen). I am in heaven! This was the silver lining to all the school flooding. The computer lab will now have our old computers and we get the new!