Thursday, January 1, 2009

Snow!


































The last 3 days before Christmas vacation were snow days. The kids were thrilled... but then it didn't stop and they started to get bored! It continued to snow on and off for at least a week. It spoiled many of our plans, but it was beautiful. We ventured out in the car 3 times, and it was scary and stressful. The first time I did a "180" getting onto the freeway (so scary), so we turned back around to head home. We didn't realize how bad the main roads would be. The second time, mom and I had to go Christmas (Santa) shopping. I was starting to panic that we'd run out of time, so we chose what looked to be the "best" (least snowy/ icy) day and headed out. On our way home it was like a white-out- ugh. The third time was Christmas Eve (day). After finally getting out of our driveway, we went to see the Santa we always go to, to do some more shopping, and to eat at Applebees for dinner (thanks mom!) The parking lots were awful. We almost got stuck at Walmart, but managed to skid our way out! I'm glad it has now all melted!

The kids went in and out to play in the snow during the week. The snowman Jonathan built had boobs- I didn't notice until I was taking pix, so then I took them off. Oh brother- both boys thought this was hysterical... Jayden liked the snow in small doses. She got cold quickly. We drank tons of hot chocolate and hot apple cider when we'd come inside. The saving grace of these snow days was the little store that we can walk to from our house. We walked/ sledded over there many times to buy candy, drinks, etc. We even rented "We Are Marshall" and watched it one night on our new big-screen TV (Jonathan's pick).